28.6.10

Pink today, illusion tomorrow

Most of what leaves my hands is pink-spotted
still...
Here´s a glimpse into the nursery - new creatures
in the making (they will go into the shop on Friday)













And here´s a beauty with pink I found in an
antique shop across the street - it´ll become
my new button-box...

























Thanks to everyone who liked the idea of the
Pink Packs and ordered one (or even two...)
I´ve marked them as sold out in the shop while
I checked whether there was fabric for more -
and found enough to put together four more packs
- they will be available in the shop on Friday, too.

Dye try today: apple leaves...


"Whatever is a reality today, whatever you touch
and believe in and that seems real for you today,
is going to be - like the reality of yesterday -
an illusion tomorrow."

(Luigi Pirandello, born June 28, 1867)

9 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

treasure indeed.
I like the nursery.

Deb G hat gesagt…

I ended up with a tinge of pink on silk and a brownish shade on wool...bought another avocado and am going to continue to play. Next up for me is hops.

Chris Gray hat gesagt…

..lovely shades of pink...soft...subtle...

I wish I could do "soft" and "subtle" sometimes...but it always comes out different....a bit "louder".

Maybe it's just me? :-)

Joei Rhode Island hat gesagt…

Love the soft pink...from avocado you say? Wow! I thought of you during the India Flint class...so many beautiful neutrals with touches of darker colors just enough for accent.

Deborah hat gesagt…

Lovely box and quote.

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Soft, loud - it takes all sorts to make a world... - that´s kind of you to think of me, Joei, I certainly wish I could have been there... - as it seems I´ve been pepping up the avocado sales lately, so watch out, Deb, not to cause a beer shortage by producing irresistable hops dye results...

ArtSparker hat gesagt…

That box will be good for rattling too, button cymbals...

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Ha, yes - being LOUD for once...

Barbara hat gesagt…

Hi,
Thank you for your blog ... it is wonderful and I will try the avocado ~ I do love pink so very much!
Your work is very inspirational.
Very best wishes,
Barbara