4.1.09

How the hell did it get here so soon

Yesterday was my birthday.
After birthday-walk, birthday-cake,
birthday-talk I must have felt
some need to cope with the
inevitable, so I made this:









That´s me, on my first day at
school, 47 years ago...









I used a tea-dyed napkin, and I didn´t
crochet the cobwebs, of course.
And I went to bed much too late again,
of course...










There are problems here with
uploading a video, so please go
to www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IaNaQHjIRE
for the source of the writing
(I don´t wanna be a good girl scout,
I don´t wanna learn to count,
I don´t wanna grow up...)

"You´re never too old to become
younger".

(Mae West)

10 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Alles Liebe nachträglich zum Geburtstag! Du wirst offensichtlich jünger statt älter.

Eva hat gesagt…

Can't tell why, but it moves me!

Paula Hewitt hat gesagt…

Happy Birthday!

jenclair hat gesagt…

Love it! The concept, the text, everything. Happy Birthday!

Threadspider hat gesagt…

I agree with the words wholeheartedly! Happy belated Birthday.

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Thank you!

melissa hat gesagt…

it's beautiful.
it's so nice to discover your blog! and a belated happy birthday to you. :)

jude hat gesagt…

oops. happy birthday. i love that you made yourself a gift!

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Thanks once more. Yes, Jude, it was fun stitching away at my own gift into the small hours...

docbieling hat gesagt…

I finally made it to have a look at your post-birthday entry. Well done, I like the idea of stitching some lines of a Tom Waits song. And I watched the video, it is really silly. Nevertheless, next time I'll show you how to link with Youtube.