18.3.10

Greenish...

Here´s what happened since monday with that piece
woven á la Spiritcloth...




































I had a good time with it so far - and it´s a good
way to use most of that greenish dyed fabric...
(I like the somewhat broken spring feeling it
suggests - can´t remember how I´ve done it, though,
- one more reason to admire proper and beautiful
book-keeping like this...)


"The artist brings something into the world that
didn't exist before and he does it without destroying
something else."

(John Updike, born March 18, 1932)

10 Kommentare:

arlee hat gesagt…

WOW!!!!!---this is a STRONG spring coming in!

hudsondebb hat gesagt…

this palette is just awesome- soothing yet exciting at the same time- gorgeous- I love what you're doing with it and also your Spirit Cloth woven patchwork technique.

ArtSparker hat gesagt…

It suggests the tentative growth of Spring.

Dee / Cloth Company hat gesagt…

pretty pretty... and even though its familiar b/c of Jude's work, it is totally in keeping with YOUR work... Nice!

Anonym hat gesagt…

I really love those colours together. The cloth reminds me somehow of a very old and precious book.

Chris Gray hat gesagt…

..love the colour play here....

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ja, so kommt der gefärbte Stoff richtig gut zu Geltung. Das Bild erinnert mich auch an Hochhausfassaden oder Landschaften - ich war noch nicht in der Landschaftsausstellung der Akademie der Künste, aber ich glaube, da bekommt man viel Inspiration für textile Werke.

Deb G hat gesagt…

It's beautiful! I'm having the same problem with what I've dyed and decided it's time to be a bit more organized with my documenting about it.

Morna Crites-Moore hat gesagt…

I LOVE this, especially the colorway. Something with a similar ethos, but way smaller:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3086/2787508492_b1b8c4771c_b.jpg

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Thanks... - yes, it does look good - I´m even a bit tentative to go on at all, it needs to stay partly unfinished I think...