15.4.10

In a mixed mood...

A while back I made three mixed-media pieces
with pages from an old issue of "Never Cry Wolf",
a book by a man named Farley Mowat who lived
among the wolves in Canada in the Sixties,
and blotch-drawing creatures, starting three
more - but never finishing them until now...













I grouped them together as one big picture...

And I made two small folding booklets, with blotch-
drawings on fabric...













They tell stories about a big brown bird and it´s song
in a p-oe-tree...
























And about a relaxed pre-summer day, I guess,
where "there was a stir in the air, and a sense of
expectant gaiety..."














"The right time is ANY time that one is still
so lucky as to have"

(Henry James, born April 15, 1843)

11 Kommentare:

Dee / Cloth Company hat gesagt…

I really love your use of linen, bone, ecru shades... whether fabric or paper!

Lisa hat gesagt…

fresh is the word that comes to mind... just love the sunflower on the back! i am such a fan of your color palette and textures.. gorgeous!

ArtSparker hat gesagt…

Lovelykeeper for a day and a song.

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Thank you... can´t help myself, I just HAVE to use this palette... - great word, lovelykeeper...

jenclair hat gesagt…

Love the way you put them together for a sense of continuity!

Jane hat gesagt…

wonderful books!
I have yet to use the beautiful pieces that you sent me.
I have them in my bedside table waiting......

jude hat gesagt…

i like your new book format.

Chrissie hat gesagt…

fascinating piece of work - the colours are so right and I love the blotch birds. something to be treasured for sure

artymess hat gesagt…

Loved enlarging this to see the blot drawings of birds ....gorgeous colour palette...I can never be subtle like this it's so peaceful and calm ....Lorna

Anonym hat gesagt…

I love this mixed media project.
Ha!I was just thinking about birds
and then I saw your post!(I hear a dove cooing outside my window, it is early morning :) My favorite
is the stitching on the card...
fabulous!

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Thanks everyone... I quite like that rababa-bum noise the machine makes when sewing on card...