27.9.10

Behind noise...













So, here it´s finished (sort of...)
The story: Friday I was talking with a friend about
how increasingly annoying it is riding the subway,
with all that music booming from earplugs, private
matters being shouted into mobile phones, five
papers to support the homeless being boosted
between as much stations, guitars and accordions
(sort of...) played for money etc. - and he, being a
buddhist, said the only way he can stand it these
days is to make it into a practice, not shrinking
away from the nuisance but attempting to plunge
into it deep enough to see that behind it wisdom
and happiness are to be found...













Well, in any case - that was on my mind when I set
about making this, from one piece of silk of the
kind I´ve been dyeing for my October Silk pack to
come - had only used smaller pieces of it so far
and wanted to find out how it is to work with...













It´s rather firm, and unslippery - I like it.
Hope you will, too - the packs will be ready next
week (there´ll be, according to the patterns and
the material, less but bigger pieces as in the
other packs in this one)...

9 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I love the way you used the beads (as little pearls of wisdom amid the noise and haste?)

deanna7trees hat gesagt…

sounds like nyc. love the blue with the beige. beautiful piece.

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Thanks, Karen... (not really - I´m not all too sure about the wisdom part of the story - just trying ways to use beads on cloth... - + your envelope´s out today...)

ArtSparker hat gesagt…

Heh, is this the gerdiary version of "Broadway Boogie-Woogie" then?

Jasmine hat gesagt…

I like it. So glad I no longer live in a city. Not sure how I'd cope with that kind of noise these days. Its odd how we change, there is a time I would have found the rural 'quiet' stifling.

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Considered a different blue first, it´s in the saturday pictures, thanks, Deanna - looked up the BBW, Susan, now that would make a quilt... - + if they´d been spilling boogie-woogie from their earplugs, I´d be a lot more comfortable with the situation... - yes, that´s it, Jasmine, Berlin and me, we´ve both changed, in opposite directions...

Deb G hat gesagt…

You've been creating so many wonderful colors.... An interesting idea, to just absorb yourself into the noise. I'm not sure I could do that. And it is the type of noise sometimes too...

Deborah hat gesagt…

A lovely little meditation piece.

jude hat gesagt…

i started stitching on a commuter train. it was only the rhythm i absorbed. a peaceful little squarish cloth you made there.