8.9.10

September mood

There´s a cold wind blowing here, and the days
seem to vanish with breathtaking speed...
























Here´s a small calendar piece wip...
As far as I remember, I made three pieces with
the name of the month stitched on them last year -
in September, October, November (and started one
for December, but didn´t get far with it, realizing
I just did it to complete the routine...) -
ah, well, as the days dwindle down...















"Most modern calendars mar the sweet simplicity of our
lives by reminding us that each day that passes is the
anniversary of some perfectly uninteresting event.”

(Oscar Wilde)

8 Kommentare:

Julie Shackson hat gesagt…

I love stitched words; and your accompanying images fit the mood of the end of summer season perfectly.
Lovely! Julie

Jasmine hat gesagt…

Your calendar is beautiful. September has always been one of my favourite months. The crisp air, new challenges, berries and migrating birds. Wonderful. The Oscar Wilde quote is good. I have not had an alarm clock or wall clock in my house for over five years for the very same principal :)

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Stitched words seem to last longer somehow than printed ones do... + I applaud your clocklessness, Jasmine - thank you both...

jude hat gesagt…

oh yes and stitched words take longer to apply.... i like how they attach the layers.

Robin Olsen hat gesagt…

I like this. It reminds me of old tea towels with the days of the week embroidered on them.

kaiteM hat gesagt…

you make September look like it must feel up there in the north...k.

Anonym hat gesagt…

I agree there is something very moving about stitched words. The quotation makes this embroidery very poignant.

Deb G hat gesagt…

Here too. Summer is moving on quickly. It's not waiting for that magic number on the calendar. But I love this in-between season. A perfect little poem you've created.