1.2.10

Turmeric hate-love

What were those abstract paintings on saturday?
No, you´re right - no paintings, but another
dye try - reminded by this of the bag of peels
I had gathered from the bottom of the onion crate
in a health food store a while back, I went to
use them.
I threw in a few bits of a pot cleaner, to see
whether it would rust, a tablespoon of turmeric
(can´t resist the stuff, ins spite of the fact
that I dislike the yellow...), and a little vinegar...
























The blackish spots come from the pot cleaner
bits, I guess (but it didn´t rust)...




































Did I mention I don´t like turmeric-yellow...?
Well, on the other hand...

P.S. Of course "Silent saturday" doesn´t mean no
one should speak (I´ve been asked) - I enjoy
comments then just as much as on any other day of
the week - it just means that I myself prefer to be
silent on saturday (and on sunday, too, most of
the time...)

12 Kommentare:

lotta hat gesagt…

I recently discovered your blog and your work.I just wanted to say a quick hello and tell you how much I love both! I'll be back to visit often!

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Hi Lotta, thanks... also for introducing me to your blog...

Jasmine hat gesagt…

Your adventures with dye are wonderful. I love turmeric, and i love the way the colour fades to something more rustic and aged with time. Last year, e made feet felt as a family project. My daughter wanted yellow, so I dyed the wool in turmeric. Her feet were stained yellow but being 3, she thought that was cool.

ArtSparker hat gesagt…

What happens when you combine the turmeric yellow with red onion? The pieces below make me think of Sumatra.

Joei Rhode Island hat gesagt…

Hummmmm...I really like what the cleaning pad did. I presume it was some type of metal..who knows if they have this in the US.
Thank you for the link.

jude hat gesagt…

that's a nice border effect!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Totally beautiful. Yellow isn't my favourite colour, but this is wonderful, especially with the greys.

jenny mccabe hat gesagt…

I quite like the effects you've got there! particularly the black spots, look forward to seeing what you do with them. xx

gerfiles hat gesagt…

Good to know it will fade , + I like the little yellow feet... - the turmeric was in there together with red onions, Susan, + Sumatra makes me think of a book, "The Giant Rat of Sumatra", which has a very yellow cover (it´s about Sherlock Holmes + Dr. Watson having adventures overseas, but not by Conan Doyle... - I do feel rather borderline about yellow I guess, reminds me of the jaundice I had, which was ugly, but beneficial, too, as illness always is...

Deb G hat gesagt…

I like them. Yellow can be a difficult color though...

arlee hat gesagt…

oh but i like the squiggly black design left in the third photo--a stitched knot without stitch

gerfiles hat gesagt…

It not only can, it is... for me, most colours seem to have their difficulties, though..:) + yes, that´s a nice black blotch, sqiggling it it´s mustard sauce...